MCHA Education Seminar Series
“Developing Personal Traits for Success”
The question to ask is: Can you manage others if you can’t manage yourself? Research tells us that managers who manage themselves successfully are very successful at managing others. When was the last time (or the first time) you developed a personal plan for success? This workshop highlights Stephen Coveys’ book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” the largest selling business book in the world.
Speaker: Dr. John Avella, Executive Director of Sustainable Hospitality Management Program College of Business, CSUMB
Date/Time: Tuesday October 27th, 8:30 a.m. registration; 9:00-11:00 a.m. seminar
Location: CSUMB Alumni Visitors Center
This workshop is for new and young managers and those staff members who are promotable.
During the seminar, you will look at how you are doing in mastering the 7 habits. Concepts we will focus on include:
- Are you an inside-out or inside –in person? This perspective can determine how you deal with the world.
- An overview of the 7 habits
- Are you Proactive? Covey says “ Our behavior is a function of our decisions, not our conditions.”
- Begin with the end in mind. What is your personal mission?
- Put first things first. Organize and execute around your priorities
- What is an Emotional Bank Account? How does it help in your relationships?
- Think Win-Win- What is your conflict resolution style?
- Principles’ of Self-balance.
This workshop will help you manage yourself and others in your work and personal life.
Leadership Series Members must register
Reserve your space by Friday, October 23rd. Space is Limited and RSVP’s are required. $25 fee for MCHA members & $40 fee for non-members. No show policy: A $25 fee will be assessed and billed to the member property.
For any questions please call or e-mail the MCHA Administrative Office:
(831) 626-8636 firstname.lastname@example.org