About Monterey County Hospitality Association (MCHA)
MCHA is the only hospitality trade organization that serves all facets of Monterey County’s hospitality industry. All businesses in Monterey County are affected in some way by the $2.3 billion local tourism industry. Positive revenue for tourism and hospitality means positive growth for Monterey County – and, positive growth for Monterey County means positive growth for your business and your community.
The Monterey County Hospitality Association’s goals relate to education, advocacy and employee recognition. We provide a unified voice for more than 23,000 employees working in area hotels, resorts, restaurants, retail stores, tour companies and other local businesses.
The mission of the Monterey County Hospitality Association is to act as the advocate for its members and for the Monterey County hospitality industry, in general. We work to:
- Foster, protect and educate members on matters affecting the vitality of the industry
- Focus on maintaining a thriving hospitality industry within Monterey County
- Represent the industry and protect against economic, governmental and market conditions that could negatively impact the overall economic health of the industry
- Provide effective advocacy and representation on governmental issues
- Provide educational resources and employee recognition programs
- Create outreach programs to ensure that community members understand the economic benefits of hospitality